Welcome to the swamp! Things are really cleaned up around here. Come with me as I travel Switzerland and the Rhine on my SUP.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A big bouquet for you today!

Big sigh.  The rain pours down.  Oh!  but suddenly, what do I see?   The clouds open up and I can breathe in the big blue sky!  Here is a bouquet of flowers for the faithful readers and followers of this blog. 

One would think that flowers are completely useless and most things are actually, especially when you cut them up, like me.  I mean to say, cutting up things as a fetish is great but, there are a lot of completely useless bits of paper lying around here.  But who cares?  It was my birthday, then mother's day and I was reminded that all I really need in life is a bunch of flowers and a bottle of bubbly to be pretty happy most days.  Try it you might like it.  Those of you who have read other blog posts of mine might remember that actually I said I needed other things, like a full fridge, a tree-house, scissors, well, it changes daily, n'est-ce pas? 

Actually, with this bouquet, I'm working on depth in my collages and am attempting to bolster different materials so that they jump out at you.  It's all about dimension, perspective and of course cutting things up so they don't look like they've been hurt or been someplace else.  Like all of our hurts inside and outside really.  My message is to make your scars into something beautiful.  It's all about giving new life to something been there.  So here's your bouquet, go get yourself a bottle of bubbly and call it a date.

Yours bearing bouquet and bubbly,
Mrs Crocodile

1 comment:

  1. I think you learned the lesson on depth. The bright green pulls the whole collage together and everything looks like it perfectly belongs. I keep thinking I'll make a collage to put in the guest bathroom but I can't think of anything witty enough. Maybe I should just start cutting. But first, the beach : )

    ReplyDelete